Start failed, address already in use

Hello,
I can’t see my discourse page at the usual page (ceprovamos.tk), I can see only the default Apache2 Ubuntu Default Page.

I had forgotten to pay the cloud service and they stopped my server. Then I payed and restarted the server. Now my discourse disappeared and I can see only this default page, advising me to replace the file /var/www/html/index.html, but I don’t know how.
Obviously before this inconvenient Discourse was working perfectly.

If I do
cd /var/discourse/launcher start app
the answer is:
Error response from daemon: Cannot start container app: failed to create endpoint app on network bridge: Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use Error: failed to start containers: [app]

As you noticed I have a quite poor knowledge of website administration…

(Sander Datema) #2

It seems they reset the vhosts as well. Go check either Apache or Nginx settings in /etc/.

And what should I do? I don’t have idea…! To install discourse I’ve just followed the official guide accurately. I never edited any settings of Apache or anything else :worried:

(Sander Datema) #4

I might be wrong, but it looks like you might need some 101 on VPS management. I guess you have two choices:

• Learn to configure Apache and/or Nginx on your VPS
  • Use Discourse’s $99 one time installation option

Solved.
I simply removed index.html file and index.nginx-debian.html file in /var/www/html, and I removed apache2 and nginx. Now my Discourse forum runs again.

Probably I installed apache2 and nginx months ago trying to host more discourse forums on one server. And when my hosting service stopped my server something was reset as you said…

(Sander Datema) #6

And if you want to host multiple Discourse instances, use multisite.