Styling pinned banner topic

I’ve read up on other posts pertaining to pinning a topic as a banner, and I’ve styled it using CSS, but my changes only appear in the actual post itself, the banner at the top of the pages remains unchanged. Is this expected behaviour? Is there a way to style it in the post and in the banner itself?

1 Like

Start your CSS rules from #banner, which is the unique parent container for the banner.
CSS only apply to HTML elements, and the HTML elements from the post and from the banner are completely different, even if they both share the same data (text, images and so on).

5 Likes

I did! That’s the weird thing, I was using #banner but it would only change the post and not the banner itself which just had the default styling. Hmmm, let me investigate tomorrow and I’ll see if some other stuff may be interfering with this. Thank you fro your input @Canapin!

You’re placing the stylesheets in a Theme Component under Admin > Customize, right?

1 Like

This may not help, but I’ve discovered that once you pin the banner, you must UNPIN it to edit it; and then repin it.

@Slowhand Do you mean to edit the content or to edit the styling?

Yes, I am! It’s in the CSS section of a theme component.

Can you provide a link to your site, with the banner visible?

1 Like

Both, but like I said, may not be your problem.

This should not be the case. Can you repro this @tshenry?

1 Like

I’m sorry, I misinterpreted the question.

I’m only talking about editing the content.

Been home too long…

1 Like

Assuming this is what I’m checking on:

I cannot reproduce this behavior. I will note, however, that I need to refresh the page after editing the post’s content to see the changes in the banner.

2 Likes

I tried unpinning and repinning as well, but that did not work.

I admit that I have a bit of trouble understanding what is exactly the issue.
When you says that your CSS “changes the post and not the banner”, what do you mean exactly?

If you can’t link your forum here, can you provide some paint drawing or something? :man_shrugging:t2:

Yes this is happening not just for the styling, but also the content… it is not getting updated along the banner

Before edit:

After edit:

Thanks
Oneflydown

Are you saying that refreshing the page after editing the post is not updating the banner? If so, I cannot repro at all…

2 Likes

No @tshenry, I updated my post and my users in different categories are not sure about the update. I found that we need to refresh the page for the updates to reflect. Thanks

1 Like