Pinned banner doesn't show in front page if 'categories' is the first item in top menu

Hi,

I want my front page with the categories on the left and new items on the right:

I’ve set the option “desktop category page style” to “Categories and Latest Topics”, in /admin/site_settings/category/all_results?filter=desktop%20category%20page%20style

and my top menu to be Categories | Latest | New | Top | Unread in /admin/site_settings/category/all_results?filter=top%20menu

But now my global pinned banner doesn’t show in the front page, only if I click on an item like ‘Latest’ or ‘New’

Thanks! :slight_smile:

It seems to me that this method has been deprecated for a few months, perhaps even more than a few months…
You should re-run the /wizard instead of use that method.

BTW, the only reason for this behaviour is that you already read the pinned topic and in your profile the setting Automatically unpin topics when I reach the bottom is active.

In my case I deactivated that voice a long time ago and if I change my home page from Latest to Categories I can see our pinned topic as always

4 Likes

Thanks Daniela. Maybe I wasn’t clear enough :face_with_monocle:. I mean a banner like this one:

I have a very similar banner on my site. But the banner doesn’t show on /categories, if I set the option “desktop category page style” to Categories and Latest Topics.

That is not a pinned banner, but a separate theme. The settings you’re looking at have nothing to do with it, if the banner does not appear on the category page it does so because you’re telling it not to do it with CSS.

How did you add that banner to your site?

Check the banner CSS, you should find a similar line:

.navigation-categories .class-of-your-banner {
        display: none;
    }
9 Likes

Thanks, I’m an idiot.

I had this:

body[class*="categories-list"] #banner {
 display: none;
 }
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.