Suggestion: modifiation of the word list filter approval popup

we are using the word list filter functionality, so that new posts are either blocked, flagged or need to be approved.

For the posts that need to be approved it would be good to see directly which word triggered the approval request.

Our approval word list does have currently 63 words (some of them with the star at the end so even more possibilities) and looking manually in the post for the words in order to find out why the approval was triggered is quite annoying for the moderators.

7 Likes

This would be a nice improvement if we could do it @eviltrout but I am not sure if it is possible.

3 Likes

I actually took a quick look at this but the way watched words currently worked is they’re munged together into one big regular expression that returns true/false if it matches. With some refactoring we could have the watched word code return the word(s) that matched and then I could include that in the review queue.

6 Likes

Dupe topic @Pad_Pors

2 Likes

Could we at least indicate it was a general watched word match? We are hitting support requests on this.

3 Likes

Isn’t that what it already does?

3 Likes

The ‘This post included a Watched Word’ text is displayed when a post requires approval due to a watched word. If a post is flagged due to a watched word, the text is not displayed.

6 Likes

Aha that explains it! I suspect something can be done and I’ll look into it.

5 Likes

This will fix it so that if a post is automatically flagged due to a watched word that it will include the same explanation as if it requires approval:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/4e3a84c68793f576db84be095039e011a43d2e50

6 Likes