Suppress category from latest topics gone

Hi again,

we just found out that the transition of this feature from suppress to muting also had an impact when using the Knowledge Explorer Plugin. After the rebuild (database migration?), categories marked as suppressed apparently became muted and thus have been implicitily suppressed from displaying within the Knowledge Explorer. @tshenry was quick to help me finding out about this within Topics not displayed in Knowledge Explorer while I’ve almost given up on that – thanks again!

I conclude this is a reasonable scenario which shows that the suppress-in-latest and the muted features are orthogonal to each other, each – while similar – is fulfilling its own kind of functionality.

Use case: You might want to suppress topics showing up in latest but still display them when it is a topic located within a category designated for the Knowledge Explorer. I believe the fact that topics which have been designated to the Knowledge Explorer in any way should implicitly have a higher significance of being displayed.

As I recognize your strong opinions on that, @sam: As I am still not seeing through how the muted mechanics might be able to replace the suppress mechanics 1:1, I well believe I might have a huge blind spot on this. Sorry for my ignorance if you feel I am still missing your point completely and please correct me if I am wrong on that.

With kind regards,
Andreas.

3 Likes