Table Builder

Hmmm - have just done an update / rebuild but the errors remained.

However, removing and installing the TC again after the update resulted in them disappearing and the TC functioning normally. Sweet!

The weird thing with this is that the button is invisible but still functional. So it isn’t actually suppressed.

Looking at the CSS in the page, it seems that the opacity has been set to 0%:

This strikes me as a bug rather than intentional behaviour! I’ve over-ridden the CSS to fix it for me:

// Fix opaque button on Table Builder
.md-table .open-popup-link {
    opacity:100%;
}
3 Likes

Wow, @keegan! You did this?! It looks amazing!

It’s got some issue, though:

<meta name="generator" content="Discourse 2.9.0.beta9 - https://github.com/discourse/discourse version c789c689c2e2956661c491978564f3aa6fbc6173">

Below that, it seems fine

4 Likes

@pfaffman are you up to date? There’s a fix for that here:

Note there is a comment at the end that says you may need to hit the “Check for Updates” button to clear out the errors.

4 Likes

I have the last table builder update, but the error messages are still there. Is a rebuild mandatory to get rid of them?

1 Like

You’ll need to make sure Discourse is updated to at least this commit that was merged about 5 days ago. Then click the “Check for Updates” button to clear out the errors (even if it doesn’t actually update the component, it should fix it.).

4 Likes

Thank you, and happy birthday. :partying_face:

5 Likes

Indeed. I did a rebuild and it’s working now. Thanks.

4 Likes

There’s a bug when I try to edit the table in this post:

I want to change €4.15 on the Hetzner line by €4.51, but when I validate the modification, the output is a bit broken.

Provider Price Disk CPU GB RAM Build time Data Centers
Digital Ocean $6 25GB 1 1 10m0.252s US (2), NL, SG, UK, DE, CA, IN
DO Optimized $42 25GB 2 4 5m47.878s US (2), NL, SG, UK, DE, CA, IN
Hetzner CX11 €4.15 20GB 1 2 7m41.816s DE, FI
Lightsail $10 30GB 1 2 8m17.215s US (3), JP, SG, AU, IN
Linode 1024 $5 20GB 1 1 9m46.437s US (3), UK, DE, SG, JP
Upcloud $10 30GB 1 2 7m22.627s DE, FI, NL, JP, UK, US
Vultr $5 24GB 1 1 8m0.930s US (7), NL, FR, DE, UK, JP, SG, AU

Provider Price Disk CPU GB RAM Build time Data Centers
Digital Ocean $6 25GB 1 1 10m0.252s US (2), NL, SG, UK, DE, CA, IN
DO Optimized
2 25GB 2 4 5m47.878s US (2), NL, SG, UK, DE, CA, IN
Hetzner CX11 €4.51 20GB 1 2 7m41.816s DE, FI
Lightsail 0 30GB 1 2 8m17.215s US (3), JP, SG, AU, IN
Linode 1024 20GB 1 1 9m46.437s US (3), UK, DE, SG, JP
Upcloud 0 30GB 1 2 7m22.627s DE, FI, NL, JP, UK, US
Vultr 24GB 1 1 8m0.930s US (7), NL, FR, DE, UK, JP, SG, AU

1 Like

I can confirm same issue. MacOS 12.6 and FF 104.0.2 (64-bit)

1 Like

I’ve got an installation issue with this TC with the default theme_authorized_extensions upload settings:

I found that I had to explicitly allow .js in that setting for it to install successfully.

3 Likes

Hmm that’s odd, the default theme_authorized_extensions already includes js files:

1 Like

Ok, maybe we messed with our settings at some stage. Sorry!

3 Likes

This is awesome. Renaming Columns feels a bit hidden away. Maybe double-klick on the text of a column could trigger the (inline) renaming, and klicking the sort-arrow triggers the sorting?

And: is there a way to copy&paste from EXCEL using the first row as column titles?

1 Like

Any chance to make the emoji-suggest menu work in the editor? This one:

We use custom emojis to mimic a confluence-like tagging system:

and having this in tables would be awesome:

1 Like

That was asked and replied here:

4 Likes

By chance, did you have a look at this?
I deactivated the table builder on my forum because of this; I don’t want users to break current tables (in wikis, mostly) by using it…
The easiest way to recover the old table is by loading a previous edit, which can only be done by an admin (maybe a moderator?).

Looking at the post versions as a user and copy-pasting from a previous version won’t work well because it also copies the <ins> and <del> tag from the post version.

4 Likes

Hey @Canapin, yes, I’m looking into resolving this issue, its a bit tricky but I am working on fixing this and adding more tests to the component to avoid issues like these in the future. I’ll post an update once this is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience!

3 Likes

I see. The same goes for

• autocomplete of names like @Ralf_Stockmann
  • pasting links via highlighting a word/sentense and paste link from clipboard
  • checkboxes like
1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Improve contrast in the contextual (right-click) menu

I really love this TC.

Keegan - have you had chance to look at this yet? It seems to be inheriting an unwanted bit of CSS from topic-post.scss for those on laptops with touchscreens:

3 Likes