Telegram Notifications Plugin (discourse-telegram-notifications)

Hello. Is this feature currently working?

it’s work or not???

The plugin does work, at least for me.

1 Like

David, do we need to do something for anonymized users? Doesn’t it presently retain the subscription? I have a client whose anonymized users are still receiving telegram notifications. The bot advises you change your Prefs. I assume it’s referring to discourse Prefs?

Should the plugin monkeypatch the anonymizing process to clear the User Custom Field?

I wonder should Core in any case explicitly destroy all user custom fields or field contents as part of the anonymizing process? That’s a potential GDPR issue?

But looking at this more closely, there seems to already be some provision for it?:

:thinking:

We’ll do some data checking …

I get Internal Server Error when I copy this statement into a new data explorer query.

If I try the statement directly on the database, it works.

Strange. I tried some other of the standard queries available. Some work, but I also got the same error for other queries.

That’s for user fields, defined via the UI. I don’t think we should destroy all custom_fields in core - we have no way of knowing what data a plugin is storing in there.

The best thing is probably for us to add add DiscourseEvent.trigger(:anonymize_user in core so that plugins can hook into it. Likely pr-welcome (both for the core change, and this plugin change)

Also just noting - this plugin is not official, and I no longer make use of it. I built it years ago before joining the team, and it hasn’t really been touched since. (I’ll add that info to the op)

1 Like

@Roi please open a support topic with details. This issue doesn’t sound related to the telegram plugin.

1 Like

Ah, yes, of course. Thanks for clarifying.

In general that would be a good change. I’ll propose

1 Like

Does anybody struggle with an issue where you receive Telegram notifications only from some categories while you’ve subscribed to all of them? :thinking:

I do not know what exactly happened, but since Dec 30 2022 plugin just stopped to send telegram notification from some categories on my board. While web-notifications is working just fine :thinking:

Since “Chat” update there are some issues with Telegram Notifications. Users still receive @ notifications and notifications from some categories (chosed by plugin randomly, I could not find any logic in it), but from some categories it stopped working. I wonder why it is happening. Why users still receiving tg-notifications from some categories (for example for “new topic”) and from some they does not, while they subscribed to both. Browser notifications works just fine. :thinking: And @ notifications also works in every category or sub-category.

Discourse: 3.0.0 stable and 3.0.1 stable

Both versions broke Telegram notifications and so reply to topic trough telegram as well. Regenerating API key is not helping. Replying is not working and the bot is not confirming that reply was sent as it was before.

Any solution for this problem? Or support of this plugin is ended? :frowning:

Doesn’t it make more sense to move the Telegram Notifications box from “Profile” to “Notifications”? I did not expect to find it under profile (in my case under the user signature), so I had to search for it. :wink:

1 Like

The User Custom Preferences outlet lives on the profile section. That is probably why.

(But fair point)

Is that the place where custom prefences can be shown / hooked in? Then I understand. But as you also write: It really is a fair point as it is not logical and nobody will find without documentation.

1 Like

is it working? i dont understand alright

Did you find any solution?

No, I do not. I’m not a developer.

1 Like

Hello, can you send photos via Telegram with this plugin?

No. This is its purpose:

You might want to look at:

1 Like

This can work in a group multi-channel?
In our case we want that just publish it in a specific subgroup.