After 3 years of using Discourse for a greek forum, I have identified various little bugs that go unnoticed between updates and have to do mostly with non-latin characters.
- Some categories are broken: "Load cannot follow more than 20 redirections"
- Unicode username with Σ as the final char leads to an error loading profile page
- Topic with Japanese in URL doesn't redirect if URL doesn't perfectly match
Although some of those could just be edge-cases, those issues have left me wondering if they could be preventable by implementing some automated test cases using non-latin languages.
I did a quick browsing at the various tests that discourse is shipping with and I didn’t found any any that are testing against non-latin fabricated data.
My questions are:
- Are there any such tests that I missed?
- If not, wouldn’t be helpful to add such tests so that some of those bugs could be catched before deployment?