The activating account button doesn't work

My guess is that you pointed your domain name there when you did the bitnami thing. You’ll need to fix your DNS.

Bitnami is a third-party package, we can’t offer you any support with Bitnami sites here, hence the #unsupported-install tag.

1 Like

@Stephen I only did the last install, in the meantime with Bitnami, (which I removed now by the way) the original problem was with the manual install.
I think I have an idea how the DNS got mixed up, it is linked to an email package I got from another hostingprovider, so things got mixed up apparently.
Thank you all for your help right now and I’m sorry to have bothered you
with this unsupported install (even though I only did the Bitnami install once and very briefly, and I did the manual install twice.)

I have the exact same problem. I have installed discourse on a $5 droplet at DO as per the 30 minute official install guide.

my site doesn’t properly resolve yet to the IP address (I just put in the DNS at my other server to link it to the subdomain).
Accessing discourse by changing the domain in the url to the IP address did bring up the page with the blue activation button. But that does nothing when I click it.

I hope there is a way to be able to login as admin so I can setup my discourse.

haven’t activated let’s encrypt, how do you do that when discourse is already installed?

After you correctly configure dns you run discourse-setup again and provide an email address for let’s encrypt.

You can search for “rake admin:create” but discourse will be broken without dns.

Thank you again, @pfaffman for your quick response,

With correctly configure, do you mean I’ll have to wait until the domain name properly resolves when typing it in the browser?

Email address for let’s encrypt, can be any email address or needs to be on the discourse domain?

Yes. Dns must work.

Use whatever email address you want for let’s encrypt.

1 Like