The Ignore User feature (now in 2.3.0.beta7)

I’ve not found that to be true. Jeff, Falco, and tons of other staff have been immense sources of help and go above and beyond to help out their community members in many cases. Seemingly a sweeping statement, and a bit sour in taste.

Plus, if people who forked code or are not customers of Discourse’s hosting service were to receive zero support, the community would be a lot smaller.

I digress, thanks to all for the help. Will go about searching on my own.

Thank you once again to the team for implementing this. :ok_hand: It certainly has its uses. :wink:

Indeed many questions get answered here.

You definitely don’t want to fork. Everyone who’s done that is sorry. If you can’t get them to make the change you want, a plugin is the way to go. It’s just a very few lines of code. And the plugin tutorials are pretty good.

Another easy solution would be to lower the requirements for tl2.

4 Likes

Not at all, if you fork Discourse your posts get flagged as #unsupported-install.

If you use a third party package, or fork Discourse, you receive zero support. Paid customers have a dedicated support channel, best-effort support is provided with the above requirement, there aren’t any exceptions here. The volume of users you see are all on a supportable track.

You’re asking to modify a feature which is still in-development. Ignoring users has only been possible for around 17 days as of 2.3.0 beta 7. As @pfaffman mentioned above you might be able to achieve this with a plugin, although as we’ve already indicated there are workarounds.

As we’ve already ascertained, TL2 is quite easy to achieve. If this is a dealbreaker for you then it’s time to learn to write a plugin or take it to the #marketplace.

2 Likes

If you’d participated in a forum for every day since this feature was added to the code, well, you’d already have access to it :wink:

1 Like