The installation stopped in the middle

I’m following this tutorial installation. But the installation stopped it:

What to do?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Are you installing on Digital Ocean? With at least the recommended 1 GB Ram?

(Mark Protas) #3

I had the same experience with both a 1 GB and a 2 GB instance. From what I can tell, the culprit is docker 0.12.0. I installed 0.11.1 via apt-get and everything seems fine. With docker 0.12.0, both docker pull and the bootstrap process hang.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Hmm @sam this is a concern I will test this later tonight

(Sam Saffron) #5

I have a local repro, I will try to fix this ASAP, keep in mind its a long weekend here … I am time poor.

Update:

Got a repro, opened and issue with Docker

https://github.com/dotcloud/docker/issues/6245

The workaround is to run as --priveleged however this was not required in the past and is best avoided. Waiting on Docker here.

How do I use --privileged to test here?

(Sam Saffron) #7

you would have to edit launcher, its a headache.

(Zaheer Mohiuddin) #8

@Mark_Protas Can you elaborate how you installed via apt-get?

(Mark Protas) #9

I manually added the repo to /etc/apt/sources.list.d, e.g.:

echo "deb https://get.docker.io/ubuntu docker main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list

followed by an apt-get update and an apt-get install lxc-docker-0.11.1.

You could accomplish the same thing by installing docker via the script as described in the discourse installation instructions and following that up with an apt-get install lxc-docker-0.11.1.

This works.

But now I can not configure the email. I’ve tried everything, but did not get confirmation emails. Do not know if this could be related.

(Jeff Atwood) #11

OK, this should be fixed now, Docker confirmed that they pulled in a fix. Not sure what it means in terms of Docker versioning though…

(Sam Saffron) #12

Note, the build should land on test tomorrow, expecting a new version of Docker later this week.

(Jeff Atwood) #13

Thanks for this Mark, I updated the install guide with that workaround, which I confirmed seems to work OK in my testing.

It adds some steps, but hopefully we won’t have to wait long for Docker 0.12.1 to land…

(Jeff Atwood) #14