The installation stopped in the middle

I’m following this tutorial installation. But the installation stopped it:

What to do?

1 Like

Are you installing on Digital Ocean? With at least the recommended 1 GB Ram?

I had the same experience with both a 1 GB and a 2 GB instance. From what I can tell, the culprit is docker 0.12.0. I installed 0.11.1 via apt-get and everything seems fine. With docker 0.12.0, both docker pull and the bootstrap process hang.

2 Likes

Hmm @sam this is a concern I will test this later tonight

I have a local repro, I will try to fix this ASAP, keep in mind its a long weekend here … I am time poor.

Update:

Got a repro, opened and issue with Docker

The workaround is to run as --priveleged however this was not required in the past and is best avoided. Waiting on Docker here.

2 Likes

How do I use --privileged to test here?

you would have to edit launcher, its a headache.

@Mark_Protas Can you elaborate how you installed via apt-get?

1 Like

I manually added the repo to /etc/apt/sources.list.d, e.g.:

echo "deb https://get.docker.io/ubuntu docker main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list

followed by an apt-get update and an apt-get install lxc-docker-0.11.1.

You could accomplish the same thing by installing docker via the script as described in the discourse installation instructions and following that up with an apt-get install lxc-docker-0.11.1.

5 Likes

This works.

But now I can not configure the email. I’ve tried everything, but did not get confirmation emails. Do not know if this could be related.

OK, this should be fixed now, Docker confirmed that they pulled in a fix. Not sure what it means in terms of Docker versioning though…

Note, the build should land on test tomorrow, expecting a new version of Docker later this week.

Thanks for this Mark, I updated the install guide with that workaround, which I confirmed seems to work OK in my testing.

It adds some steps, but hopefully we won’t have to wait long for Docker 0.12.1 to land…

2 Likes