There is no option to add additional css/html

Hi, Support please can you help me why I’m not able to add custom html and css?

What theme general discourse forum has? By I mistake I removed the default theme that had an option to add css and html but now I’ve tried differet themes but no one has an option to add css and html

That’s your issue right htere.

Also, you cant edit themes you get fom GitHub. If you have to edit it that bad, then take the code from the GitHub repository and paste it in yourself.

1 Like

thank you for reply. Which theme I can edit? Firstly there was some theme I was able to add custom html/css to that theme but I don’t remember the name. Do you know which one was that and how I can activate that again?

1 Like

You can edit the themes that you make yourself. You can also fork the GitHub repositories and edit them there :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay, thank you for help. I just come to know we can add random themes without any coding

1 Like

Just click “Create new theme”, then go wild on the CSS and HTML.

You can also have components which add on to themes.

1 Like

This is the right way :wink: Not making copy/fork from GitHub.

And as usual there is but. For me anyway — if WordPress world is familiar the question is very much same as there should one use functions.php for theme dependent changes, something like code snippets when change is not theme dependent or child theme if must edit theme or plugin; and if child theme is in use one will loose updates of that part.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.