There was a problem editing text with %

I’ve moved this topic to the #bug category. What I’m finding on my hosted Discourse site is that when text content that includes a placeholder is edited, the edited text is saved to the TranslationOverride table. The text is displayed in the site’s UI. For example, if I edit the login_required.welcome_message text, my edited text is used on the login page.

The issue is that the edited text is not consistently displayed in the Admiin / Customize / Text list, and is not displayed at all on the text edit page:

If I check the ‘Only show overridden’ checkbox, or search for a specific translation key, the edited text is displayed:

If I click the text’s edit button, an empty text area is displayed:

Edit: this seems to be a duplicate of the issue @tshenry linked to: https://meta.discourse.org/t/changing-systems-welcome-message/128572/3. The difference I’m finding is that clicking the revert button in step 6 reverts to the default text, not the recently edited text. The problem only seems to happen in strings that have placeholders. I’ll close this as a duplicate topic for now.

3 Likes