I wasn’t sure where this was meant to live, so Uncategorized seemed like a decent place.
I’m thinking of swapping over from NodeBB to Discourse. It seems like Discourse is a little further along and has more core functionality over what NodeBB has. I was hoping to get some more experience Discord admins/users to comment on a few questions / feature comparisons I have. Thanks for the help.
Here are my questions:
- On NodeBB I leverage https://iframely.com/ to create the nice embeds that everyone seems to like
- It looks like this is a built in feature in Discourse. If someone posts an HTTP link, will that “break” HTTPS on the page? With Iframely the embed is created on their end and displayed in NodeBB using HTTPS
- My users are really picky about themes
- I see there are a number of themes here on the meta forum, are those all default or will they need to be created?
- How are image uploads handled?
- Since I am running on DigitalOcean, I do have limited space and am concerned about uploads going straight to the disk
- In NodeBB there is a plugin to upload to imgur, does something like that exist?
- Migrating from NodeBB to Discource
- It looks like there isn’t a migration script written (at least not on Github)
- Is there a service that Discourse offers to perform the migration?