Thumbnails missing when using the Minima theme

Having a problem with this theme component, and not really sure where to begin debugging it? I’m posting here in hopes of someone having a simple solution…

I’m using the Minima theme by @awesomerobot, and have this component installed and included with the theme. From the preview link in the component, it all looks good:

However, the live site, the images are missing:

Any suggestions are greatly apprciated!

1 Like

Those images render fine for me while being logged out, mobile view Android 13 Samsung Galaxy A23.
However it breaks once loaded in desktop view.

2 Likes

I think there is another component trying to override the same topic-list-item.hbr template in desktop mode.

3 Likes

That’s because the topic list items template is modified for desktop only.
The issue of missing images is because it misses the outlets.

Especially the first outlet which is used by Topic Thumbnail to insert the image.

4 Likes

@mpaler you should update your Discourse instance to 3.2.0.beta2-dev

content="Discourse 3.2.0.beta1-dev

3 Likes

Hmm, today I learned the exact Discourse revision is recorded in the HTML of every page…

5 Likes

FYI if you aren’t already aware you can also match up these version numbers to make sure you are on a latest commit:

Admin Dashboard, current install version

dashboard_version

Meta tag in most Discourse forum pages

Github Discourse (dashboard links to this so you can check if this is the latest commit)

6 Likes

btw @mpaler The component and site appear to be working for me now in Chrome desktop and Safari desktop and mobile, logged in or out.

3 Likes

I forgot to mention that the issue was resolved in the marketplace topic he made. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh didn’t see that. Nice work! :smile:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.