Tips for "newbie" born in Discourse in September 2024

I’ve been thinking a lot about confidence levels in Discourse and how effective they are for learning. But I wanted to make the most of it here. What tips do you guys have for someone who wants to do a great job of leveling up? What advice would you give to a “newbie”? I’ve read some old threads, but I’d like some new ideas… Born September 2024 :wink: :wink:

I don’t think you have to do anything special. The requirements are based on activities you do anyway when you use a forum (read posts, like posts, write posts, and receive likes, because others appreciate what you have written). One important fact is that the requirements can be different at different forums.

5 Likes

Hey Camila :smiley:

I think the whole idea is that its a natural process of progression which helps ensure quality over quantity and prevent spam etc. As Moin said, they may vary on a site-by-site basis to prevent what one might call trust level farming.

The requirements aren’t too arduous its mainly reading, posting and liking posts. In short, engage with the community.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the interaction. Some people are shy and end up interacting little. I’m happy to talk to someone here. Great job. :fox_face:

@ondrej :wink:

I have been learning and I have found interacting with the platform fun. I hope to have more and more interaction, conversations and projects. Let’s continue the journey, my friends.

:sunglasses:

Except maintaining TL3 which somehow has got a little (imho) ridiculous.

But I digress.

2 Likes

Hi @uniVERSO_CaJu - Welcome :wave:

Are you sure you are on the right forum?

This one, Meta, is a tech support forum for the Discourse software platform and hosting. Lots of other forums use our software and services, so it is possible you have been sent here via a link meant for another specific forum.

1 Like

hi…
what is it? TL3?

thank you

Hello again :smile:

TL3 is shorthand for Trust Level 3 which is called ‘Regular’

3 Likes

Hi @Lilly Thank you for your kind reply.

Thank you for your kind reply.

Maybe I’m in the wrong place…
I really don’t know. I was sent here and I’m following the system’s requests. Maybe that’s why I’m a little lost.

:thinking:

Thank you :kissing_heart:

ohhh yes! thank you
:wink:

Were you on an existing Discourse forum? Perhaps there is the best place to start?

2 Likes

Here? Read a lot, post something every now and then, and like when it is suitable.

On my forum, the story is different, because I’m using only TL1 and 2 for ordinary users.

So it depends on if and how an admin changes those metrics. Honestly… it doesn’t matter. There can be some perks, like rights to use AI, but I claim that most users in any forum don’t use too many things that higher TL offers.

3 Likes

hi! I’m just on this forum

1 Like

What brought you here? You say

Who sent you here?

Usually, people join because they want to create their own forum with Discourse or they are part of a community that uses Discourse.

1 Like

They said further up that:

Perhaps they took a link system sent in a TL promotion message as an instruction to join here?

1 Like

I thought so too. But then you are usually part of another forum

1 Like

@system here? Or something else?

I had originally assumed they came here from another forum, but Moin pointed out that they said this is the only forum they’re on, so that rules it out completely.

1 Like