Titles missing from User Cards and full Profile Pages

Generally when user titles are used they are important e.g. President, CEO, Site Tech Support etc.

But they don’t seem to be listed on the users profile page nor the popup profile about the user.

Could this be added?

3 Likes

To help speed this up, visual mockup please :slight_smile:

For the popup profiles something like this:

1 Like

And for the main profile pages

More can be done to make this look good - but this gets the job done:

Alternatively something more like this:

Or this

I think @awesomerobot should weigh in here.

2 Likes

Still need to do a little thinking on this, but the profile and the pop-up usercard could probably both use a bit of a redesign.

Some of the details are a bit rough… but here’s something I’ve been playing with. Definitely want to separate the user background image a bit more than what we have now.

11 Likes

I really like how clean that is.

Love the design. Maybe move email to the end as it only appears for admins/self? I’ve always wondered about the usefulness of the orange “Log Out” button on a user profile page as well as the “Invites” button.

Perhaps for the buttons, something like this?

Private Message(s) (The link either creating a PM to the user or showing all user’s PMs)

Preferences (if current user)

I second that.

Or Staff… (as staff can access this too)

2 Likes

One more random thought: It’d be nice if Full Names were also on the pop-up usercard, if enabled elsewhere.

The background and text on profiles is an issue.
Here is @zogstrip’s user card from meta:

I ended up using custom CSS and white boxing the dark text to make it readable:

3 Likes

Yeah its a bit of a mess … we need to clean this up.

Tried simplifying the usercard by pulling out the location/join/last post info… should look a bit similar to the full profile… also truncating the bio text

11 Likes

Looks good! Let’s make it so in the markup.

Have a little more work to do tonight, but here’s a preview of a new style! (some small admin stuff left to style, like flag counters)

2 Likes

I worry a bit that we are cramming a bunch of blank space on to users that have no backgrounds.

I am collapsing that image space for users without background images, which helps… though, now that I think of it — maybe users without profiles get something similar to the “collapsed” version by default?

1 Like

I like the idea of card backgrounds, and played with a few a bit yesterday.
I’ll have a chore finding something that I already have that I like that works though.

Seems there was always something a bit off.
The upper right needed to be dark to show the grey text.
The lower left needed to be light to show the dark text.
The “focus point” needed to be slightly off center to the lower right else it was covered by badges.

May be easier with “design” images instead of a photo, but as said, it will take some hunting so I reverted back to no background.