Topic List Previews

Absolutely do share it!

3 Likes

Hi Robert,
Great plugin, my tiny community loves it from the moment I installed it. However newest upgrade to discourse caused some problems on mobile phones. Avatars on topic lists disappeared, regardless if topic list excerpts for mobile views are enabled or not. This seems to be a problem on the last build (5f1c95329e) of version 2.5.0.beta2. Hashing out the plugin and rebuilding app removes excerpts, but avatars show up on mobile devices.
Not a huge problem, but it’s so much nicer to have them :wink:

3 Likes

Hey there. This can happen from time to time as core moves.

I can see the issue. It is affecting mobile non-tiles view. I’ll investigate. Meantime consider switching mobile to ‘tiles’ and they should appear again.

Btw I recommend testing all upgrades out on your own staging server before upgrading production. That way you can let me know of issues before it affects your users. The testing of upgrades before you apply them to Production is your responsibility.

5 Likes

I’m also seeing the same issue and look forward to the fix. Thanks for your work on this, @merefield.

2 Likes

This is fixed:

@ChrisBeach @puchal @bletch

I suspect it was related to this commit: UX: display avatar flair in categories route topic list items (#9197) · discourse/discourse@dc18365 · GitHub

3 Likes

That fix works perfectly on my forum. Thanks so much

2 Likes

Hi, can we somehow add advertisement box between each topic in tile view or other views? Thanks!

Plugin is working nicely, but I can’t seem to get it to action on these pages:

‘‘My posts’’
Category listings/archives.

Not currently supported but a nice idea!

1 Like

You mean Activity -> Replies?

Only Activity -> Topics (and the custom Activity -> Portfolio) for the User activity area is currently supported.

TLP is a Topic not Post level plugin afterall! :slight_smile: (hint is in the name :wink: )

There are TLP specific settings in the Category settings. (if I understand what you are asking)

1 Like

‘‘My Posts’’ in the nav menu.

‘‘Latest’’ and ‘‘Top’’ work nicely.

2 Likes

OK, got you. As stated, TLP is a Topic not Post level plugin.

All the meta data is Topic level.

2 Likes

Is there a way to reduce the number of characters in ‘excerpt’ text?

On my site, the flow is overrunning a little on some topics when I have long (2-line) topic titles.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m seeing excerpts in ‘Suggest Topics’ on mobile, but I don’t have it selected (I don’t want it). Have I missed something?

2 Likes

It’s a known issue. I’ve not had the time to fix it yet.

1 Like

how can i set to get featured Topics view

1 Like

Did you expand the relevant settings indicated in the OP? The basic way it works is you add a tag or tags to the Featured Images Tags setting and any Topic so tagged will appear there. Make sure you enable it.

1 Like

I just update Discourse to latest version ( 2.5.0.beta2 ( 600cb2130d ) and it seems there is a problem with the thumbnail in Suggest Topics as the thumbnails don’t show up on both desktop view and mobile view. The previous beta1 version has nice thumbnail on desktop.
Did anyone get this problem?

2 Likes

Yeah, thanks for the report … looks like a change in Core has precipitated an incompatibility. I’ll try to address that soon.

1 Like