Topic Ratings Plugin

Can you create a bug report on https://thepavilion.io?

I dont underestand these new options. where are they explained?

2 Likes

Hi @hosna
I do realize we’re a bit behind in terms of documention how the new ratings system works for the admin. Although, there’s this topic which can help you get through initially. Rating Types - Ratings - Pavilion

Secondly, if you can point out the pain points in setting up the plugin, I can help you out via a PM and can write more docs which would be helpful for others too.

Hi,

Was playing around with the plugin to see how it works and as of now ( Discourse 5cff198aba with latest Ratings Plugin), there is a small bug that I thought I would let you guys know about:

If you try to filter the replies on a topic per user, the result is blank, does not show any results. It does “finish” loading/filtering, but it’s just blank, empty.

This happens with both the new reply filter option and the default one. However, the new message/reply filter option does work perfectly and it is my understanding that this new filter leverages on the user-reply-filter that doesn’t seem to work when the Topic Ratings Plugin is enabled.

If you disable the Plugin, it works as usual.

Thanks for the great work you guys do!

1 Like

Thanks for the catch. can you report it at Bug Report

Thanks for the plugin!

Can have a small feature that restrict rating base on the account age / days visited / posts read / topics posted etc to prevent user creating new accounts and manipulate the ratings?

3 Likes

Please make a feature request here. Feature Request

1 Like

Hi, when topic have for example 5-10 rating parameters it can be too much to display them at topics listing, search results, etc. Can your plugin:

1. Auto-calculate the average number of all ratings at 1 message and display avg number at each message with ratings?
  2. Auto-calculate average number for all avg rating of rating messages inside topic and display it at topics listing?

If not - how fast you can add such enough simple feature, please?

2 Likes

Can this link be updated with a topic that exhibits the rating functionality, thank you!

Updated link in first post.

1 Like

Our community members often submit solutions as new topics. We’d love to implement a plugin like this so community members could validate the functionality, usability and security of submitted solutions. We are intrigued by this plugin.

We are on a Discourse-hosted business plan, and it appears that this plugin can only be installed on communities not hosted by Discourse.

As there doesn’t appear to be anything similar in the plugin directory, does anyone have any recommendations on how to implement custom ratings on a per-topic level within specific categories?

Thanks,
Randy

Not that I’m aware of. It’s probably worth discussing this with Discourse.org support though.

1 Like

Hey, the plugin is breaking the reply composer. Not the background, that’s just firefox being firefox, but I cant see the preview and upload images. Please fix this ASAP.

Our free support period is outlined in the OP. Generally we aim for compatibility then.

Thanks for the report.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, that video is a bit confusing.

I’ve found one issue, a call to a deprecated resize method that needs updating to its replacement.

Are you sure the other errors are due to ratings plugin?

1 Like

OK I’ve merged a PR to fix that method, and had a little scoot around the app, seemed ok? Although I do see a couple of deprecation warnings that may need addressing soon … I’ll try to clean those up soon.

Let me know if any other breaking issues. I can’t guarantee I will get to them before the support period.

3 Likes

Seems like another error popped up, so I will disable the plugin until the support period arrives and it gets fixed.

What error? Please include console and /logs output

1 Like

Hello Robert,

This is the topic about this issue.

I checked it and there is no error on console or /logs

1 Like

Hey guys,

We’ve just merged a PR to resolve several issues and make Ratings compatible with drafting.

• NEW FEATURE: stores and retrieves ratings to and from drafts
  • FIX: resolves an issue where type names were not repainted on Topic header when post rating updated
  • FIX: resolves an issue where composition of a new Topic generates an exception because post attribute can be initially null.
  • FIX: resolves an infinite loop when confirming if to reply to original topic or currently presented one
  • COMPATIBILTY: Resolves various core compatibility issues and deprecations to clear out the browser warnings on the Topic page.

As this was a fair amount of changes and this plugin sadly lacks unit tests at this stage, I’d be most grateful for feedback.

Sorry this took a while, moving Ember Computed Properties to getter/setters introduced new issues that needed to be tracked down.

@Pixlz @dodesz

4 Likes