Unable to reply on original topic

That’s what happens for me when I try and click “Reply on original topic”. It doesn’t, and the modal just pops back up again.

Did you try on safe mode ?
I tried to reproduce your issue on try.discourse.org but didn’t succeed.

1 Like

Hello,

I can repro it if I install Topic Ratings plugin on my test site. As I see on the plugin topic you use this plugin too. No error in console… there is only the pluginID warning.

Discourse version: 0760b249ff

Discourse Ratings is also on the latest.

I suggest to disable the plugin (its enough in admin) and make a report on the plugin topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I made another reply on that topic (it’s the second issue with that plugin this week, and it’s out of it’s “support period” so I have to wait a few weeks).

I have no problem disabling it for now, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m actually working on a PR in my spare time to solve several issues and deprecations. So on this occasion the resolution might be sooner ;).

If someone wants to test that branch and confirm the issue is not there, I’d be grateful. (I just tested it in dev and could not repro it)

2 Likes

Sure, I am here for testing. :slightly_smiling_face: Could you point me how can I target that branch in app.yml? Thank you!

Thanks @Don, very much appreciated!

Something like: git clone https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-ratings -b compatibility_fixes

There is always a slight risk prod behaves differently to dev of course …

1 Like

Thanks Robert! I run the rebuild now. I will notify you in few minutes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ok I rebuild and tested. It was strange, when I first time I tried it worked but then the same issue happened every time i try. If that helps I can send you the test site with admin access in pm. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No issues. I’ll try it out on one of my prod instances. Thanks for confirming.

1 Like

OK repro’d in dev. The video was very helpful, thanks @darkpixlz

3 Likes

OK this should be fixed on the test branch, compatibility_fixes. If anyone has chance to test and confirm that would be great!

2 Likes

Yes, It seems to works perfect now for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great we’ll look to push this early next week, if not Monday.

2 Likes

Thanks, sorry for all of the issues I have been having this week lol

Not a problem. This was a funny edge case, well caught!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.