Topics moved into auto-close-able categories should autoclose

Hey guys, I think I found a bug.

So, I have this category for job posting, where topics are automatically closed after 30 days since last post. This functionality works well.

However, some users posts this jobs in other categories and when an admin will move them in to the right category, I expect that they will close after 30 days (since, you know, is the category rule).

This should also work the other way around: if a topic is moved out of an auto-closeable category, it shouldn’t be closed anymore.

Make sense? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

4 Likes

This is probably the same bug. My issue is that after turning on auto-close, only posts created after setting the auto-close time will be auto-closed. Even if someone drags up an ancient post with a new reply, it doesn’t have the auto-close notice at the bottom of the page. I was hoping that there would be a nightly job or something to look for topics past the auto-close time that are still open, and then close them.

Is anyone aware of a workaround for my issue? Is there some command I can run to close topics that are older than the configured auto-close time? I’m not to keen on closing a year of posts manually.

I consider this a valid bug. @tgxworld do you have an idea how to fix this?

5 Likes

Thank you for reporting, this is fixed in

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/b0dd05fdc6b7b005ce8d37cd25d0be7a96fbe657

I don’t agree with this though. An admin may want to move a topic out of a category with auto close enabled without losing the auto close timer.

5 Likes