Trust level 1 users cannot Invite

I am trying to find where to fix these permissions but I cannot find the place, where can I fix permissions so that my users can invite others. I just summarized the issue and know what the source code error means but here’s the error code that my user got:

1 Like

What action are you performing when you get the invalid access error? Does it happen when you click the “Send an invite” link?

1 Like

My user is going to their profile and then pressing invite image
and they get thisimage

What I need to know is where do I find the permission set to allow users to invite others.

2 Likes

Invites can only be sent by users who have achieved trust level 2. There is no setting to configure this. Users who have not achieved trust level 2 should not be seeing the invite link, so this is not likely the cause of the issue.

The max invites per day site setting controls how many invites non-staff users can send in a day. If a user has exceeded this limit, they should be shown a notice telling them that they need to wait before they can send more invites. They should not get the error message that your user is getting.

What version of Discourse is your site on? Are you able to try loading your site in safe mode to see if that fixes the issue?

2 Likes

The user has trust level 1, I will update them to TL2 and see if that works.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.