Trying to set up reply by email: ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches [POST] "/admin/email/handle_mail")

I get the following error when setting up reply by email:

ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches [POST] "/admin/email/handle_mail")

The mail seems to come through fine (from mailgun), but Discourse says this route doesn’t exist.

Any ideas?

Stopped getting above error (no route matches), but still getting 400. Not fixed, apparently can’t do easily with mailgun, there’s a plugin but it’s broken.

Maybe AWS SES & Lambda? I don’t understand, it seems like this should be a pretty darn standard feature, why is it so hard to find a simple tutorial?

There aren’t even any docs I can find explaining the format of the HTTP POST request to send to admin/email/handle_mail. Just this topic which is not explicit at all.

That topic contains your answer:

to push an email to Discourse, you need to pass the raw email content as the “email” parameter when POSTing to “/admin/email/handle_mail

Easiest way to get reply by email working is to use the mail-receiver container template, rather than trying to work with all sorts of varying APIs from the different providers.

3 Likes

Awesome. So hard to find, so easy to set up. Thank you!

1 Like