Turned my Discourse into a successful ecommerce platform!

I would just like to send a big thanks to the entire team and the community for providing such a great piece of software. It’s reliable, fast, and it blows traditional forum software out of the water! I’ve turned our Discourse instance into a small marketplace community that is slowly climbing in sales/users/traffic.

The possibilities are endless when you throw a couple of plugins at Discourse. I recommend it 100%!

36 Likes

Are you comfortable sharing the url? I’m intrigued. :smiley:

3 Likes

https://SWAPD.co :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

12 Likes

hi Dave,
Are these input boxes come with a plugin?

4 Likes

Yes, that’s a custom plugin.

5 Likes

Any likelihood of open sourcing ?

3 Likes

Sorry, not at the moment.

2 Likes

Hey @WorldIsMine,
I see you are using timed topics. You can have a look at

4 Likes

Willing to open source yet? Would be great for the community!

2 Likes

Sorry but no. I have already contributed three plugins to the community.

2 Likes

Hi,
Is this Fee calculator something that you are willing to contribute to the community?

3 Likes

Sorry, not at the moment. It wouldn’t be useful anyway, all the values/etc are hard-coded just for our site. It has no option to edit values/responses.

6 Likes

Hello Dave,

Would you be able to provide some details on how to add a section of text/html to the home page? Just like in your site, you have a lot of details and then the category. I have raised a question in the forum also.
https://meta.discourse.org/t/empty-home-page/181436

Thanks,
Prashanth

It’s a theme component: Versatile Banner

1 Like

Just wanted to give an update on how awesome discourse is :slight_smile: We’ve been operational for over three years now and despite the low member count (25Kish) our instance is a sales powerhouse! Our company is now a fully certified escrow service managing hundreds of transactions per month (mostly services), all thanks to discourse. A big thanks to the entire discourse team!

12 Likes