Twitter oneboxes are no longer working on my install

I’m finding that twitter oneboxes are no longer working on my install. I’m running 2.9.0.beta9

I like to move slowly when it comes to updates. Will updating solve the problem I’m seeing where twitter links no longer create oneboxes?

Just posting a random twitter post to see what happens in this forum.

I’ve had twitter as a login mechanism… but I’m assuming that since Musk screwed twitter that that probably doesn’t work any more either.

2 Likes

Hey Bcguy :wave:

If you are talking about rich embeds, they currently don’t work with Twitter integration in Discourse:

As an alternative, this may be relevant to you:

If you are talking about standard oneboxes, I don’t know why it wouldn’t work natively unless you have changed onebox settings in your install, or your IP is blocked by Twitter for some reason.

3 Likes

Hmmm. I’m talking about standard one boxes.

I had this checked, and just unchecked it - but no changes in one boxing with twitter.

See here , below is what happens right now with twitter posts. I used to get the standard inbox, but perhaps I messed a config setting up? What might I have messed up?

a

It used to look like twitter links in this forum, as below, but sometime in the past two months it stopped creating the onebox:

3 Likes

You could give this a try?: "Onebox Assistant", crawl for those previews reliably!

3 Likes

I would fix this first by updating to latest if I were you, and if that doesn’t help try this theme component.

5 Likes

Yes, good catch. Always good practice to update to latest before raising an issue that might already be solved.

2 Likes