Unable to change user primary Email

Hello As an administrator, we are unable to change the primary email. it goes the next page but no where to update it, just a white screen .

Would like to ask for your assistance. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I believe you change it but clicking to their profile and then preferences.

1 Like

I click on the preference option and when I click on change email address, it shows me the picture in the right with a blank page not sure where to update.

1 Like

Are you receiving the confirmation email? There’s a link in that you have to click on to verify that you want to make the change. That’s probably why it’s showing unconfirmed * resend confirmation email

Just thinking… Are you trying to change your Admin primary email?

1 Like

Yes we are trying to update the admin primary email since the email is having issues. however we cannot no option to put the new email address.

1 Like

Have you tried in safe mode? Looks like your theme or CSS customizations might be interfering with the UI?

1 Like

how to swtich to safe mdoe to try it? thanks

1 Like

1 Like

looks like it was a browser settings option.
follow-up question, is there a way to by pass this part below to setup a new primary email, since we don’t have access anymore to the previous primary email due to mailbox issue.

thanks in advance.

1 Like

If the user was an admin you’ll need to revoke their admin privileges to have it not require them to approve changing the address.

1 Like

sorry, im new to this, how can I remove the privileges for my admin account.
the one we use as the admin account, is the one we need to update the primary account.

1 Like

is it by removing the badge?

1 Like

I don’t think you can revoke your own admin rights. You’d have to have another admin do that. That’s why you don’t see a revoke button for yourself.

Make sure you have another admin so they can grant you admin rights once they change that.

In my case, I had changed my primary email last year and that that went off without a hitch. But if I log out, I have to log back in using the email address I used when I set up the forum… even though I wasn’t going to use that address any longer. The new email worked for a couple of months, but suddenly I noticed I wasn’t getting anything at the new address. Upon checking I found my primary address was reset back to the original. :thinking: I changed it back to the new address and the software sent a verification email which I never received, even after re-sending it several times. Since I still have access to the original address, I just gave up. :neutral_face:

2 Likes