Unable to customize the "Accept Invite" button text

Hi @techAPJ

Is the language of the “Accept Invite” button customizable?

I can’t find it in Settings > Customize > Text Content > Search…

Yes, search for ‘Accept Invitation’ or ‘accept_invite’.

6 Likes

Huh… I guess I was confused because the default text for js.invites.accept_invite doesn’t match what we see on the button.

Note: Invitation vs Invite

Here’s the result for accept_invite (we haven’t customized it)

And here’s what we see for the button:

… and when I change the value in accept_invite it doesn’t change what we see in the button.

We’re using the discourse-invite-tokens plugin and this is the Accept Invite page for the issue discussed on another topic about the “helpful” email spam checkers triggering the token.

2 Likes

That explains the problem. The discourse-invite-tokens plugin is missing a translation for the accept_invite key. We will get that added right away. When that has been done, you’ll be able to customize the “Accept Invite” button text.

6 Likes

Wünderbar, thank you

3 Likes

I just checked in on this and it looks like you still need to add the missing translation. Do you know when that will be done?

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. The fix should be deployed within the next 15 minutes.

5 Likes

It’s working, thank you!

Note (for anyone trying to customize this): There are now two places to customize. One for invites via the discourse-invite-tokens plugin and another for normal invites.

invite.accept_invite is for the discourse-invite-tokens plugin.
js.invites.accept_invite is for normal invites

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.