Unable to install Discourse?

Docker wont install. And I googled and it seems like “zesty” is dead.

@Rapid_Lemon - according to Releases - Ubuntu Wiki Ubuntu Zesty Zapus is not longer supported. You’re going to want to upgrade to 17.10, Artful Aardvark, or reinstall your server with 16.04, Xenial Xerus, the current LTS.

Are you following our official install guide? If so, which cloud provider are you using?

4 Likes

Yes. I’m following the official install guide and I’m running an ubuntu server at home right now.

You’re going to need to get onto a supported version of Ubuntu - that’s step one.

The screenshot above does not appear to show any errors for a docker install - it looks like you’re checking for updates. Can you share the error output from the docker install command:

wget -qO- https://get.docker.com/ | sh

Also, if your goal is to upgrade Ubuntu to the next major release, run

sudo do-release-upgrade

Will that break anything that is currently on my server? I have multiple things on it, for example, a media server, game servers, etc. And here’s a screenshot of the error output.

Yes, it could break existing processes on the server. You’d need to check with each program you’re running to ensure it’s compatible with the latest Ubuntu. I can’t answer that for you.

Keep in mind that installing Discourse on a server that runs other programs can significantly increase the complication of the install. Especially if something you’re running already binds to port 80.

1 Like

Alright. I’ll have a look I don’t currently have anything running on 80. I’ll check everything and make sure its compatible.

1 Like

It seems like I’m going to be able to update without any issues.

Job one here is to get on a supported version of Ubuntu. Then, before you start the installation make sure you do an

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

I have this issue resolved but thanks for your help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 33 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.