Unable to rebuild app - failed with exit code 1

Hello Everyone,
I haven’t updated the site in a while and then it just stopped loading – community.showprowess.com

I tried to rebuild but failed with the following message at the very bottom -

FAILED
--------------------
Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake assets:precompile:build' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 666 exit 1>
Location of failure: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.3.0/gems/pups-1.2.1/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:132:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "tag"=>"build", "hook"=>"assets_precompile_build", "cmd"=>["su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake assets:precompile:build'"]}
bootstrap failed with exit code 1
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one.
./discourse-doctor may help diagnose the problem.

I am using SSH. Has someone faced this same issue before? Should I just rebuild in a new droplet as mentioned in some threads?

Would be great if someone can look at it.

Attaching the whole log in case it helps.

Command_prompt_log.txt (68.7 KB)

Remove the guest gate plugin.

5 Likes

For extra context, that plugin has been deprecated and replaced by a theme component:

7 Likes

Yeah, of course :man_facepalming: I was just coming to ask why mine upgraiding works just fine and I’m using Guest gate all the time.

Thanks folks. Let me try that. I need to figure out how to remove a plugin :grin:

How to uninstall a plugin

2 Likes

Because you’re using the guest gate theme and not the plugin?

1 Like

Precisly. But I didn’t remember I was using TC, not plugin.

1 Like

Everyone – Thank you for helping out. I was able to solve the issue by removing the guest gate plugin.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.