Uncategorized description

Fix category.uncategorized_description not work in new version

1 Like

Can you repro this @jomaxro?

1 Like

I’m not sure what’s being reported here. @Sceko can you clarify what the issue is please? And what version are you referring to?

5 Likes

I just clicked on the hamburger menu on my forum and hovered each category - the description pops up… except for Uncategorized. I checked and there is indeed a description for it. It just doesn’t show when I hover over it.
Oh, we’re on the latest beta version, updated 3 days ago.

Edit: I just checked here on meta and the description doesn’t show on hover either. Another place where it doesn’t show on hover is when you are in that category and hover over the category name at the top (banner). The other categories do show the description when hovering over their titles.

4 Likes

Thanks @JimPas. Yes, I can repro this on try (I don’t have #uncategorized in the hamburger menu here on Meta to test).

Regarding the category filter, I can repro on try and Meta seeing the word “uncategorized” instead of the description when hovering over the unexpanded filter. Interestingly, the description does appear when hovering over uncategorized in the filter itself.

6 Likes

Nothing yet? i am on last update but don’t work description not show and automatic add class no-description

No, no fix yet. It’s only been a few days since we triage this, and this is a minor issue as it does not prevent typical usage of Discourse. Further, many team members are taking some vacation time around the holidays/new year.

6 Likes

This should fix it:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/fe7bb62387908bdcc03831cab0f41697b9d26f0b

8 Likes

Thanks Robin! Looks like we forgot to update this topic with feedback we received elsewhere. Does your commit also fix the issue of the uncategorized category definition not appearing on /categories?

3 Likes

No this only fixes the issue in this topic.

2 Likes

This will show the excerpt on the categories page too:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/f7a72631646265e3540ab4dc14e3a26ba9479e35

8 Likes

Thanks for fix in last update

3 Likes

Sorry for the bug! It’s our bad.

2 Likes