Unique visitors (including logged in and anonymous)

Hi there !

In which section can i see unique visitors per day ? (including logged in, anonymous and crawlers).

Thanks !

3 Likes

Admin dashboard reports

2 Likes

Ok, but i can’t find unique visitors tab. Only logged in users and Page views

1 Like

Can someone help me, pls ?

The User Visits report should give you the information you are looking for. If you click the ‘User Visits’ link on your site’s dashboard, you’ll be taken to a page that lets you filter the results by group. You can also get to that page by clicking the ‘Reports’ link.

The data that the report is based on records one visit per user id or IP address per day, so the report is returning unique visits.

While looking into this, I tried using the Group filter to filter for the everyone group. No results are being returned for that on the Meta dashboard. I would expect the everyone group filter to return all visits, including anonymous visits. I’ll take a look at what’s going on with that.

2 Likes

Understand that when I select everyone must display including visitors?

As you say, if i try to select everyone, i recieve the User Visits — No data to display. message.

I looked into this. I had the user_visits table mixed up with the topic_views table. The user visits report does not return results for anonymous users. It will give you unique results for logged in users though.

I am not sure what the ‘everyone’ filter should be doing for that report. Since the group ‘everyone’ includes anonymous users, that filter probably shouldn’t be in the dropdown.

You may be able to find the number of unique visits by anonymous users with the Data Explorer plugin. You could probably write a query that returned the count of unique IP addresses for all topics per day in the topic_views table. I’m not sure of anywhere else we keep that information.

You could also look into using a tool like Google Analytics to get the data.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.