Unliking a post does not seem to reduce current like count

If you are on a forum which has enabled a maximum amount of likes per day, and you reach this maximum, but really like a post you saw, and talke away a like you gave on another post, and proceed again to try to like the post you really liked, itll still say you "have reached your maximum likes per day. Try again in xx hours

2 Likes

You can only undo likes for ~5 minutes so I don’t consider this a bug.

1 Like

It has happened to me when i unliked the post directly above, which i just read.

Yup, the way to reproduce is understood, but given that taking away likes is allowed for only a short period, they don’t consider this worth thinking about. The easier solution is to get like limits increased. It’s a simple config option for admins. (Also, I believe like limits are increased for “regular” users, if you reach that user level.)

1 Like

And yet easier: just wait until the next day. If that post is so great, it’s surely worth coming back to…

That probably is a very frustrating suggestion to a user who likes so many things as to run out in a day.

1 Like

I didn’t intend to make anyone feel bad, sorry about that. In fact, I mentioned it because I thought that suggesting getting your max likes increased might be frustrating, because it might require quite sone effort. So I thought, before I argue with my admins, I might aswell wait a day. And in thr future I’ll think of my likes as slightly more precious so that I won’t givr thrm away quite as easily any more :wink:

4 Likes