UNOFFICIAL - Features Highlight page for Discourse v1.1 "Aeschines"

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #1

Continuing the discussion from UNOFFICIAL - Release video for Discourse v1.1 “Aeschines”:

As per @codinghorror’s suggestion, I started working on a “Features Highlight” page before the holidays kicked in. The final stretch has been put off for a while due to other commitments, but I finally got around to finishing it today.

Features Highlight

Like the video, it’s pretty rough and serves primarily as a proof-of-concept. I’d be happy to work as a gif-monkey (and possibly copywriter) together with @awesomerobot to make a polished page for v1.2.

My personal goal is to maintain a clearly communicated version timeline for every major Discourse release.

Example:
Blender - Past Releases

(Sam Saffron) #2

I love it, it give a good clear picture very very quickly.

(Jacob Chapel) #3

It is really helpful and would love to see this going forward for all new versions. This will help us running Discourse sites keeping in the loop as well as a nice page to point users to new features.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

This is so awesome Erlend, we want to sponsor you for doing it for the 1.2 release which we think will be in the next two weeks.

So what can I do for you to help make this happen in advance of the release? :wink: PM me!

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #5

Consider yourself PMed.

(Jeff Atwood) #6