UNOFFICIAL - Features Highlight page for Discourse v1.1 "Aeschines"

Continuing the discussion from UNOFFICIAL - Release video for Discourse v1.1 “Aeschines”:

As per @codinghorror’s suggestion, I started working on a “Features Highlight” page before the holidays kicked in. The final stretch has been put off for a while due to other commitments, but I finally got around to finishing it today.

Features Highlight

Like the video, it’s pretty rough and serves primarily as a proof-of-concept. I’d be happy to work as a gif-monkey (and possibly copywriter) together with @awesomerobot to make a polished page for v1.2.

My personal goal is to maintain a clearly communicated version timeline for every major Discourse release.

Example:
Blender - Past Releases

16 Likes

I love it, it give a good clear picture very very quickly.

It is really helpful and would love to see this going forward for all new versions. This will help us running Discourse sites keeping in the loop as well as a nice page to point users to new features.

This is so awesome Erlend, we want to sponsor you for doing it for the 1.2 release which we think will be in the next two weeks.

So what can I do for you to help make this happen in advance of the release? :wink: PM me!

6 Likes

Consider yourself PMed.