Update problem : Broken Forum

Interestingly I’ve experienced either the same or similar error. Running on Discourse 2.9.0.beta2 and tried to update to ß3. I’ve disabled all plugins except docker_manager for ./launcher rebuild app. Running on an external PGSQL db at version:

$ psql --version
psql (PostgreSQL) 14.1 (Ubuntu 14.1-1.pgdg18.04+1)

I can restart the container via ./launcher restart app following the failure, but when replies return a 500 error.

The end error during rebuild/upgrade is:

FAILED
--------------------
Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 658 exit 1>
Location of failure: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/pups-1.1.1/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:117:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"db_migrate", "cmd"=>["su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate'"]}
bootstrap failed with exit code 1
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one.

The actual meaningful errors above may be found here: https://p153.p0.n0.cdn.getcloudapp.com/items/jkuvPekN/feb38236-3b84-410e-8fac-d1864d02ba69.txt?v=eb1d15e029cb07a73300d8ec07318876

I’m having a hard time believing that this is an actual permission issue and I’m hesitant to give the Discourse DB use super user/root permission to pgsql.

Any further thoughts on what could be going on here with such a recent breakage?