User Card Directory

I tried it out and it looks like an issue with this component in dark mode (I moved your post to the relevant topic here). Might just need some CSS updates.

3 Likes

Also, is it supposed to display the legacy card format?

2 Likes

yes, the new user card format on Meta is still experimental

3 Likes

Seems like it’s completely broken recently.

3 Likes

Yes, this needs an update due to some changes made yesterday to the layout structure on /u… though it doesn’t look quite as broken here on Meta on the default theme

5 Likes

Not sure why mine is super broken then, I don’t remember making any major changes to it besides actual stuff for the cards:

3 Likes

I presume this is also why the message button is broken?

Though the message button has been broken for awhile now.

3 Likes

if group option were available, this would be a fantastic feature for a Staff group page.

1 Like

Is it possible for the URL query to handle multiple groups?

e.g.
https://website.com/u?cards=yes&group=group1&order=likes_received

If possible, how might this url be constructed to show both group1 and group2?

Feature request for this component:

Default display orderby = users with profile images / info

Or at least an options to select default orderby?

I would assume a decent chunk of admins have this plugin installed to provide a slightly friendlier / less stats’y view for when users want to look at the full community. The problem is, defaulting to whatever order Discourse currently uses (account creation date?!) means that users are presented with something much less personable, e.g.

Apologies if I’ve missed some other way of fixing this issue, I couldn’t find anything…

This theme component has potential issues with the upcoming Ember update:

[Admin Notice] One of your themes or plugins needs updating for compatibility with upcoming Discourse core changes (more info). Identified theme: ‘User Card Directory’.

6 Likes

Thanks @md-misko! This should take care of it:

6 Likes

I would like to make it possible for users to select whether they are listed in the directory. Unfortunately, the “Hide my public profile and presence features” setting only hides info such as the bio, not the full entry for the user.

I’ve been banging my head against this for a while and so far I have come up with this diff:

This gets me really close! `user_fields[“3”] is a checkbox that users can select to opt-in to being included in the directory.

The only problem is the lazy loading on the directory page. It loads 50 users and I filter out any that don’t have the box selected. But it won’t load any more until I start scrolling, even if there is only 1 users in the first 50 that have opted-in.

Is there a way to make this page load more than 50 users? Or perhaps to load more users right away instead of waiting for a scroll event?

Edit: This is quite a hack, but I have added a window.scrollBy(0, 5); in that function before returning userCardInfos. I don’t love it, but it does cause the page to load more users.

2 Likes

I’m using this with the redditish theme and the message button on the usercard does not work from android or iphones. All it does is delete the usercard from the list and no message box appears.

In order to message someone I have the click their username or profile picture to open their profile and then the message button works. Any ideas what is causing this issue?

1 Like

I have users reporting the Message button broken on the cards as well.

1 Like