User card huge avatar outline appears on plugins and components

Hello,

I noticed on the recent update when I open a user card on a plugin or theme component which I think use the user card template than the avatar has an outline.

Possibly related commit: A11Y: Improve user card accessibility (#18348) · discourse/discourse@ca10381 · GitHub

I tested with Who’s Online plugin and Top Contributors Sidebar theme component but probably there are more.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this sporadically here on Meta over the last few days on my iPad.

I haven’t yet been able to find any rhyme or reason for when it will happen and when it won’t.

edit: An example of where it happened;

https://meta.discourse.org/t/replacing-google-search-with-framasoft/118037/

5 Likes

Hey @Don, thanks for sharing. The outline is intended to only appear on focus by keyboard, so this shouldn’t be happening on click like this.

Is this also occurring in when clicking the avatars in the topic list? Or is this just contained to clicking on avatars generated by plugins/themes?

Also, may I know what browser + version you are using? Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello Keegan, For me, it is only happen on plugin, theme components. When I click the topic list avatar than click the other (plugin and TC) avatars the outline disappear.

I tried it several browsers and same result.

Android 12
Chrome 106.0.5249.65
Firefox 105.1.0

MacOS 12.4
Chrome 105.0.5195.125
Firefox 105.0.1

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m also facing this issue when clicking on avatars from the “who’s online” plugin and this behavior is the same here:

2 Likes

Thanks @Don, this should now be resolved :tada:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello Keegan,

Sorry for the late reply but I only can test it now. I checked it on Safari Version 15.5 and still see the outline when I open user card. Seems to on the other browsers are good. :slightly_smiling_face:

It appears on every avatar except topic avatars for me.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ah interesting, thanks for letting me know I’ll take a look into it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:tada: This should now be resolved with:

5 Likes