Top Contributors Sidebar

:discourse2: Summary Top Contributors Sidebar adds a “Top Contributors” (leaderboard) sidebar to topic list pages. The sidebar will only be visible when the browser is 767px or wider (most tablets and monitors).
:eyeglasses: Preview Preview on theme-creator.discourse.org
:hammer_and_wrench: Repository Link https://github.com/discourse/discourse-top-contributors-sidebar
:open_book: New to Discourse Themes? Beginner’s guide to using Discourse Themes

Install this theme component

The leaderboard information is fetched for a period of a year and is sorted by “likes received”. This can’t be changed as of now but it’s on my to-do list to allow customizing it via theme component settings.

25 Likes

This is super! Great way to keep track of the most valued members

I came across this. I wanted to bulk select topics but when I do this happens

4 Likes

Fun TC!

I thought this was about monetary contributors.

Perhaps a different term such as “top likers” or “top hearters” would be more descriptive?

2 Likes

In my case “Top Contributors” are people that post valuable contents so “likes” is a good metric for that

1 Like

Is it expected that the top contributors shows up inside categories?

Hi @meghna – this is very cool, great work! I know you mentioned your plan to expand it beyond Likes, which I definitely look forward to. Would also be cool for it to be able to exclude groups (i.e. mods and admins).

2 Likes

Thank you @meghna! Very cool and helpful component!

I added it to my Air Theme and the first user was missing from the list of top contributors. I think this should fix it:

3 Likes

Hi, really cool plugin, thanks a lot!

Is there any update regarding an option to change a period of time? It would be super cool to display results of the week