Top Contributors Sidebar

:discourse2: Summary Top Contributors Sidebar adds a “Top Contributors” (leaderboard) sidebar to topic list pages. The sidebar will only be visible when the browser is 767px or wider (most tablets and monitors).
:eyeglasses: Preview Preview on theme-creator.discourse.org
:hammer_and_wrench: Repository Link https://github.com/discourse/discourse-top-contributors-sidebar
:open_book: New to Discourse Themes? Beginner’s guide to using Discourse Themes

Install this theme component

Settings

The leaderboard information is fetched for a period of a year and sorted by likes received by default. You can change this along with other options from the theme settings page.

Name Description
use full name Replace username with full name (if provided)
excluded group names Members of groups to exclude from top contributors list
order by Type of points to use in ordering the contributor list. Either likes received(default) or likes given.

:discourse2: Hosted by us? Theme components are available to use on our Standard, Business, and Enterprise plans.

38 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Top Contributors is displaying the Likes Received values rather than Likes Given

For this component we have only two options for “Order By” i.e, likes_given and likes_received
can we have other options added like No. of Posts answered / resolved ?

is that possible, please confirm ?

4 Likes

up vote! this would help incentives people to post.

I installed this on my website and it didn’t adjust to the screen automatically, it creates a horizontal scrollbar as if it didn’t fit on the screen, does anyone know why?

@meghna - thank you for a great theme component!

Hi - some thoughts on how it could be tweaked to improve it

1. It currently shows on category and tag home pages - it would be great if the leaderboard would re-calibrate to show the top contributors in that particular category or tag?

2. if you were able to configure it to show top contributors in the last week, or top contributors in the last month, this would give a much better view of who the top contributors actually are at “the moment” rather than just cumulatively since the discourse instance was installed (this time period setting could also apply to the category/tag top contributors above too).

1 Like

I completely agree with Robin! I would be thrilled if this were an option, as it gets asked about on my site. I’ve commented about this in another thread

1 Like