User Field Requirement (2)

Hello
Some users (not all) get an error message when filling in fields, even though they are setup in “on signup” mode, and for those who have been there for a long time, I have activated “editable”. But nothing happens. Can you please help me make sure that these mandatory signup fields don’t affect older members?

Problem not solved and linked:

1 Like

@JammyDodger maybe you’ve got an idea?

1 Like

Here is the set up

(& there is an Automation to add them in a group according to what they answer)

Hmm. :thinking: It’s not immediately obvious to me what the issue could be. Let me see if I can get someone to take a deeper look. :eyes:

4 Likes

Just to double-check, have you updated to pull in the fix I mentioned in the other topic?

2 Likes

We just asked our hosting platform to complete the update. We are on Discourse 3.3.0 beta4 right now, but the bug is still there :frowning:

1 Like

Hi, I can also confirm this is still a bug. When I clicked on “On Signup,” it still requires you to update existing customers. However, the field type is missing.

You have to save, then navigate back to the user profile to see this to bypass it. I’ve noticed that if you don’t fill it out, it stops you from sending chat messages.

Hello! :wave:

I just merged a fix for this issue here:

The problem was only noticed by either creating a mix of “on signup” and “for all users” or by users who gained access by other means than “signing up”. This PR should hopefully address all cases. :pray:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.