User seen as logged in while incognito mode

I opened my profile page in only incognito mode on here and my account appear as ‘‘seen just now’’ despite I haven’t been logged in for days. I have my account logged in in this browser but it shouldn’t have see me while I’m just in incognito mode, isn’t it? I have encountered this both here and in our forum.

Then you’re logged in. You’re seen.

That was true until you logged in. Incognito mode turns of extensions and clears all your cookies, but if you log in somewhere, you’ve logged in.

2 Likes

Thanks for answer but I opened this forum only in incognito mode. I didn’t log in while in incognito. My account wasn’t open in any other tab or device at that time.

My account is logged in on browser but I mean wasn’t open in any tab.

Sorry, I don’t understand. Can you list the exact steps you took, step by step, in order, without omitting anything?

1 Like

I was expecting this, sorry for my language. I will try to summarize as simple as I can.

Opened browser in incognito mode > Typed meta.discourse.org > clicked on it > opens Meta > found my profile > see myself as I have logged in just now

But I’m in incognito mode and I didn’t have leave it open on any other tab or device. How could I be seen in forum just at that moment?

The website doesn’t, and shouldn’t, know that you’ve activated your browser’s incognito mode. It looks just like a fresh browser on a fresh device. And you logged in from that fresh browser on a fresh device, which the forum correctly records as your account logging in.

5 Likes

Are you using the discourse hub app?

1 Like

No, it happened on desktop.

No repro.

Opened browser in incognito mode > Typed meta.discourse.org > clicked on it > opens Meta > found my profile > see myself as I have logged in just now

See screenshot of me trying to reproduce via those steps… I cannot. Recategorizing to support.

1 Like

I’ve just tried this on our forum again and in my profile page it showed me as ‘‘seen just now’’ but I haven’t logged in our forum almost since a month.

Not possible, since your browser doesn’t hold the login cookies in incognito mode.

1 Like

I’m using Google Chrome 81.0.4044.129 version. This is not the case for different websites on the same browser by the way.

There’s some problem with your local network configuration or the local browser config. What you’re describing is not possible. Try with a different web browser, one you don’t normally use.