Users:merge cannot load such file rb-inotify

I’m running 2.4.0.beta8 (8a6421565e in a docker deployment built about a month and a half ago), and I am trying to merge two user records:

time bin/rake 'users:merge[old_name,new_name]'
rake aborted!
LoadError: cannot load such file -- rb-inotify
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.5/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:22:in `require'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.5/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:22:in `block in require_with_bootsnap_lfi'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.5/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/loaded_features_index.rb:89:in `register'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.5/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:21:in `require_with_bootsnap_lfi'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.5/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:40:in `rescue in require'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.5/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:26:in `require'
/var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:55:in `<main>'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.5/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:22:in `require'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.5/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:22:in `block in require_with_bootsnap_lfi'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.5/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/loaded_features_index.rb:92:in `register'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.5/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:21:in `require_with_bootsnap_lfi'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.5/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:30:in `require'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/activesupport-6.0.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:325:in `block in require'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/activesupport-6.0.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:291:in `load_dependency'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/activesupport-6.0.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:325:in `require'
/var/www/discourse/Rakefile:7:in `<main>'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.5/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `load'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.5/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `load'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/activesupport-6.0.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:319:in `block in load'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/activesupport-6.0.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:291:in `load_dependency'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/activesupport-6.0.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:319:in `load'

Caused by:
Bootsnap::LoadPathCache::FallbackScan: 

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

Is this a current bug, or is this launcher rebuild app time?

1 Like

I would recommend that you pull the latest and rebuild just to rule out issues that might have already been fixed. If the issue persists, we can investigate some more :+1:

1 Like

Just to be clear, this is launcher rebuild app ?

1 Like

Yeah, this is what I was referring to

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app
4 Likes

Thanks for the help, launcher rebuild app and it’s working. (I wish I had known about multi-container deployment when I deployed this server, though!)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.