Users unable to post topics on desktop version of site after upgrade

This has started to happen for some users after I upgraded the forum yesterday.

They get a blank page when trying to create a new topic at the point at where you select a category - I’ve sent a force browser reset to a couple of the accounts and also upgraded the forum again so it’s now at 2.2.0.beta5 +24 but still no joy.

Any idea what’s going on? Here’s our forum thread with some additional info:

But it seems to be related to this:

17:50:00.436 Uncaught Error: infinite rendering invalidation detected _ember_jquery-07f49b58317ea9292d939348ec0091eb50a9d8aaabd9e86cc074ef5f049918aa.js:24180 Uncaught Error: infinite rendering invalidation detected

Ok fixed - I hope!

This was the conflict:

#reply-control.open .grippie {
    border-top:8px solid #9A54B1;
}

I can live without it, haha!

That’s very weird. And how comes it would affect only some users? :thinking:

I will quickly try to reproduce next week, something seems totally unexpected here. I would guess some computation is done expecting some height of the composer, and we should make it more resilient to this kind of css change.

3 Likes

I think it was actually affecting all users - I hadn’t gone to the step of selecting a category so thought it was just some users. Selecting category then resulted in the same behaviour.

Looking at the bar here now, I do kinda miss it on ours so that would be great if you can fix it Joffrey :smiley:

Ok once this is merged, you will be able to reapply your css modification. Thanks for providing it btw.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/6776

For the lore: a subpixel difference was making the body of category-chooser swinging from top to bottom positioning indefinitely. This was only possible with your css modification making the composer height different. I also took the opportunity to apply some debouncing on the computation of the position.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.