Vbulletin4 import - Permalink issue

I’m missing the last bit of the puzzle.

Postprocessing posts…
2480 / 2480 (100.0%)
Creating Permalink File…

Traceback (most recent call last):
3: from script/import_scripts/vbulletin.rb:942:in <main>' 2: from /root/discourse/script/import_scripts/base.rb:47:in perform’
1: from script/import_scripts/vbulletin.rb:93:in execute' script/import_scripts/vbulletin.rb:893:in create_permalink_file’: uninitialized constant ImportScripts::VBulletin::CSV (NameError)
Did you mean? CSP

Looks like no one had this issue. May be, i’m doing something wrong.

1 Like

if this is optional, can you comment

" # mysql_query(“CREATE INDEX firstpostid_index ON #{TABLE_PREFIX}thread (firstpostid)”) rescue nil

# import_groups
# import_users
# create_groups_membership
# import_categories
# import_topics
# import_posts
# import_private_messages
# import_attachments

# close_topics
# post_process_posts

# create_permalink_file"

and then run the import script again?

1 Like

Yes, but they just creates a permalink file, not create permalinks in Discourse. One day I’ll have time to submit a PR with a version that creates them.

1 Like

Hello! Sorry for bump old topic, but I have the same issue.
How can I resolve this? Thanks!

Welcome @taravasya !

You’d look at another import script that supports creating permalinks and modify that code to work for the vBulletin script. If that’s not a solution for you, then you’d need to ask in #marketplace or send me a pm (or see Migrate to Discourse Discussion Platform from your current formum software. and say that you just need this update to the script).

1 Like

Thanks Jay! After several tryes, I was able to successfully import. I think in this case, I initially made a mistake when creating the environment, but soon discovered a few of my mistakes, and ultimately achieved a positive result with this script:
https://meta.discourse.org/t/importing-migrating-from-vbulletin-4
True, I’m not very happy with the rendering of some bbcodes and I think I still have to “play around” there, but this is a separate issue.
In any case, thanks!

1 Like

Great! Glad you got it. If you don’t have it installed already, be sure to add Discourse BBCode. You’ll need to Rebake all posts matching a pattern (or maybe just rebake all posts) after you install it.

1 Like

Ah… Thanks. I was try to import in fresh installed discourse, and if discourse not have this plugin by default, I think I don’t have it too. :person_shrugging: I will look!

1 Like