vCash Betting Plugin

###What would you like done?
I would like to know if it’s possible to build a ‘virtual cash’ plugin for Discourse. Users would each start off with say $500 vCash and be able to ‘bet’ their cash on polls posted on the forum. For example, one could start a Superbowl thread and make a poll such as “Who will win the Superbowl?”, and users will bet some (or all) of their vCash on Team A or Team B.

Users would also ‘earn’ vCash; this would allow one to keep playing should they lose everything on a previous bet. for example:

• vCash earned automatically for every set period of time, say $50 per week, etc.
  • vCash earned every time they contribute, say $25 per thread they start, $15 per reply, $5 per like, etc.

###When do you need it done?
No time frame for this – it is simply exploratory at this point

###What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
No idea. I don’t want to offend anyone, but I was thinking up to $500 USD? One thing I just thought of is ownership – who would ‘own’ the plugin, me or the developer that made it?

Thanks for reading.

Could you pull together some mockups and nail down when/how the earning and spending pieces function? That would help quite a bit. I’ve seen requests for similar plugins in the past but never any details.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.