Watched words tab no longer available to moderators

I have a moderator who is no longer able to access watched words. Apparently it was under logs before and moderators could modify watched words.

Has this changed? I don’t see it in the notes, though there was mention of CSV upload of watched words.

3 Likes

Watched words are currently under admin > customise. Moderators do not have access to this as I have just checked. I think this is what you mean?

3 Likes

That’s what I thought too, but this moderator is saying that he used to be able to get to them some other way and now can’t get to them. I can’t explain it. I don’t see that he was demoted from admin, and it seems clear that he was previously able to add watched words.

2 Likes

Yes.
I’m a forum moderator and I could see, add and remove watched words until recently, but now I can’t.
What changed?

4 Likes

The only change I can see is that the watched words have moved from /logs to /customise which moderators can’t access. I was also surprised about this change when I found out as I don’t recall seeing any commits regarding this. I don’t think its meant to be like this at all since it doesn’t make sense not to allow moderators to add watched words.

3 Likes

I’m a Moderator and have always been “in charge” of the Watched Words. I no longer have access to this. We do not have any Admins that regularly come to the forums.

Is there a way to get this back for Mods?

3 Likes

Thanks for the reports everyone. It looks like this was an unintentional side-effect of moving watched words under the “customize” tab. We’ll take a look and post here when it’s resolved.

8 Likes

This issue is now fixed via:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/e53b474557b50d7ecd4c498145e298b7912342be

Thanks for reporting this issue @pfaffman :+1:

8 Likes