We're updating the mobile post controls layout to be more consistent with desktop

Today I’m merging an update that changes the default layout of the buttons under each post on mobile devices. This change makes our mobile button layout more consistent with desktop, especially when the reply count is visible (when the enable filtered replies view site setting is enabled).

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/12760

Before:
Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 5.50.41 PM

After:
Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 5.47.31 PM

If you liked the old layout you can add some CSS to your theme to get back to it:

.mobile-view {
  .topic-post {
    nav.post-controls .actions {
      justify-content: flex-start;
    }
    &:not(.wiki) {
      button.reply {
        margin-left: auto;
      }
    }
    &.wiki {
      button.create {
        margin-left: auto;
      }
    }
  }
}

If you encounter any bugs that may be related to this change, please let us know!

34 Likes

Could that be one?

3 Likes

thanks for providing the CSS to revert, I get the desire to have a more consistent UI across platforms but I’m just way too used to the icons being on the left now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: One of the best things about Discourse is that even though the devs are always updating, but it’s not forced and there’s almost always a pretty easy way to revert it if you prefer it.

5 Likes

Thanks for mentioning it! While we realize making changes can be disruptive to existing sites, we also don’t want to be stuck in a state where we can’t change things… so sharing ways to get back to the old behavior (when possible) seems like a reasonable middle-ground!

7 Likes