What are your Trust Level membership percentages?

Hey, Everyone,

I posted this as a tweet on Friday, but would love to tap into a broader community of Discourse users:

In a nutshell, what are the percentages of your Trust Level 0, 1, 2, and 3 in your community? (I am excluding TL4 as people are manually added.)

I would like to understand if there is a broad commonality with our different communities.

You don’t have to share your community name or the specific numbers, just the percentages is fine.

Thanks!

15 Likes

I am too lazy to work out the % figures, but here is the raw data from Meta.

6 Likes

I’m exactly as lazy as HAWK, but for a different instance. :sunglasses:

Screenshot_2020-06-22 talkgroup

5 Likes

Very interesting percentages.

I think its very important to know when the community was created.

In my case, for example, first topic = August 2015. :eyeglasses:

@HAWK 's case view like this:

If someone want to see their pie chart with percentages, go to admin section and take the trust levels numbers to put here: https://playground.anychart.com/DbRkhpaG/2 on this section:

And click “Run”, and you will have your Pie Chart :wink:

6 Likes

To follow along with @HAWK laziness…

started roughly Aug 2015

5 Likes

Copying from my earlier tweet response to pull information together, on forum.makerforums.info — TL1 for us is dominated >200:1 with G+ import users who have not (yet) activated. Ignoring those, we are roughly 90% TL0 (mostly blocked spammers), 6% TL2, 3% TL3, 1%TL4. TL1 noise really hides any pattern though.

(In case anyone is wondering about having lots of TL0 spammers: We block but do not delete spammers, in order to be able to compare new spammers to old spammers to look for patterns to help us better identify the new spammers.)

2 Likes

Looking at those stats it seems like the default requirements for tl3 are pretty tough :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Don’t forget that is a tl3 user doesn’t keep up with the requirements over time, they can be dropped back to tl2. So yeah, it’s pretty tough. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes