Overview which trust level has which possibilities

Hello there,

I am currently in the move from phpBB to discourse and trying to understand all the new possibilities.

Is there any overview which trustlevel has which possibilities in compare to the other trust levels including my changes in the settings?

Honestly I do not know exactly what the users are able to to or not when they where promoted to a new trust level. I want to give them the right infos.

I hope I discribed it understandable. My English isn’t that perfect. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is this any use?

4 Likes

Thx. That is a good start. But I have changed some things in the settings here and there. So what I am looking for is this overview from the blogpost but in consideration with my changes. So I have a list what exactly which trust level can or can’t do.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I don’t know what changes you’ve made?

Ah, I think I see. You’re hoping for some kind of ‘auto-generated trust level abilities report’ from the dashboard. I don’t know of one ready-made, but you may be able to create one in the data explorer? It may be more work than just amending the default list with your changes though.

3 Likes

Exactly. :slight_smile:

Sounds good. I will have a look into it. Thx.

2 Likes

You might find “Only show overridden” helpful. When active it shows only the settings which you have actually changed.

In the example below, it shows that I have changed the default trust level.

6 Likes

This might helps a lot. Thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And if you want a table of the default perms take a look at this topic.

6 Likes

Great. That is what I was looking for. :slight_smile: I will copy that and include my changes. :slight_smile:
Thank you.

2 Likes