When I drag photos after each other from Windows Explorer into Firefox, "Uploading..." is displayed multiple times

Hey all, I couldn’t find a related topic, so I started a new one.

We are running Discourse v1.6.0.beta9 +3 on the Fairphone Forum. I was composing a post with multiple photos (~6MB each) and dragged them into post composer one after each other. They were uploaded correctly, but “Uploading…” appeared more then once per photo. Actually it appeared once for the first photo and then twice for the second, thrice for the third, etc. Luckily photos get uploaded only once, and not multiple times.

####Steps to reproduce

1. Start a new reply
  2. Drag a photo from Windows Explorer into the composer
  3. “Uploading…” appears
  4. Drag another photo from Windows Explorer into composer
  5. “Uploading…” appears twice, making it a total of three “Uploading…”
  6. Repeat to your liking. “Uploading…” appearance goes up by one plus total number of uploading photos.

Here is a screenshot to illustrate the problem:

####My Specs

• Windows 7 SP1 64bit
  • Firefox 47.0
2 Likes

So you are dragging images into the post before uploading is complete? The workaround is to drag them all at once, or wait until uploading is complete before dragging more in. Cc @zogstrip

1 Like

Exactly! The workaround works well, but I thought I’d bring this up, as
there is obviously something wrong in the code.

I guess the solution would be to temporarily disable the input until the upload is complete?

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this issue with such a detailed reproduction steps :thumbsup:

I just pushed a fix :strawberry:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/ee2780466ceef5160fe89a9d1f0d223b9f5ecf02

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.