I have been looking for YouTube videos and Discourse demo forums to see the different plugins in action, but my searches have come up empty.
I’ve installed a few, some took a while to get working, some don’t seem to work at all, and it’s all taking a fair amount of time.
If demos exist, could someone point me in the right direction? If they don’t, would that be something to consider? Best if demo forums could be spun up, so it’s possible to interact with.
I can gladly set this up, if you pay the cost of hosting.
To my knowledge, there are no demos. Plugins are easy to install.
Is there any specific plugin you looking for or needing help with ?
you can also try
I know the pain. As such I posted:
Post explaining/demonstrating new user features
There is no reason this could not include plugins.
The discourse-tooltips plugin, of all. This should be the simplest plugin to get working, because it only has two settings: Turn it on, and say how quickly tool tips can be retrieved.
I’m new to this, so I’ve got no idea how to start troubleshooting this.
Show me where in the app.yml you placed it.
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/docker_manager.git
- git clone https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-question-answer.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-chat-integration.git
- git clone https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-layouts.git
- git clone https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-custom-wizard.git
- git clone https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-topic-previews.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-tooltips.git
- git clone https://github.com/Ebsy/discourse-nationalflags.git
- git clone https://github.com/communiteq/discourse-adsense.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-canned-replies.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-solved.git
If you just wanna see it working you can visit
Straight Dope Message Board and hover over topic titles .
Tried that, and I don’t get tool tips on that forum either. Tried in Chrome and Edge.
That is really weird
Yep. Thanks for the video, at least now I know how it should look. So the problem must be on my end. Do the tool tips rely on some setting in my browser perhaps?
They work on default installs of every major as we ship this plugins for forums with millions of users.
Been trying Discourse for a week now, and suddenly my settings have become unresponsive. When I click the green check mark button, the changes are not committed to the system.
Also nothing happens when I click the logout.
I’d say that your browser is very broken.
Maybe, maybe not. I restored my Digitalocean droplet to a previous state. Now my settings and logout work again.
Then I tried your forum, in Chrome, Edge, Opera and Firefox. The tool tips only work in Firefox, though not for my forum. Guess I have 3 out of 4 broken browsers, and I expect the same for millions of other web users. I’m uninstalling the tool tip plugin for now and will test again at a later time. Hopefully it will be more robust by then.
Or you have something at the OS or network level altering traffic. Were issues with those plugins widespread their topics would be inundated. The simplest and most logical answer is that the problem lies local to your system.
There is a way to test that: turn off WiFi on your smartphone and try to verify the behavior over the cellular data network.
This rules out any local network issues (router, software, etc)
That’s what I did and the result was the same.