Where to find moderation flags controls?

Improved moderation flags

Admins can now enable, disable, and reorder moderation flags.

I have tried diligently to find this interface described here on meta, and have failed. I don’t see it described in Discourse Moderation Guide

I have updated to 3.3.0.beta3 and I would like to explore this feature, but I can’t find any information on how to do that, and would appreciate help.

3 Likes

I was just about to submit a post with this exact same question, but the similar posts feature saved me. :smiley:

2 Likes

It is at the bottom under the Community group of Admin settings.

2 Likes

Hmm, I don’t have a Community section under /admin/site_settings

So sorry, but I’m not finding anything that looks like that, anywhere. Is there some navigation setting that’s required for that feature to be visible?

I believe some are not using experimental admin side bar

In legacy where would one find it?

1 Like

Have you enabled Experimental Admin Sidebar Groups?

Goto site settings search experimental

1 Like

No I haven’t. I would normally expect all configurable settings to be available under /admin/site_settings

1 Like

I would have thought that a new headline feature wouldn’t be hidden behind an experimental feature that I had honestly forgotten existed and wasn’t the default, but now I have that enabled and am now wondering what else I’ve been missing.

1 Like

Try enabling it. The team’s plan is to eventually retire the old current one for the sidebar.

On mobile a minor issue is an extra step to get to the Admin panel.

After enabling. Open sidebar click on admin as normal. You will see the dashboard page. Re open Sidebar and it will be the Admin version as @HAWK posted SS.

1 Like

With the Admin Sidebar this new Moderation Flag is the only new new feature that I have observed

Primarily the Admin Sidebar has been more reorganizing the UX flow to in theory be smoother and easier for new Admins.

It is pretty decent but like anything when you have long time used an interface. Does take some getting used to. Other then the caveat I mentioned it is decent upgrade.

If you can’t see the new admin sidebar, then have a look here:

more info in this topic:

3 Likes

The experimental sidebar is no longer experimental and is now the default navigation but has not yet been made the default navigation.

blink

2 Likes

The same was done with the old Hamburger Menu. Imagine in a ln update or so will force the change.

I am hoping you can still direct link to sections like before in things like custom user menu had shortcuts to things like appearance… or adds a favourites pop out menu.

I would recommend updating Op post to include requirement of enabling Admin Sidebar to access new feature if no legacy option to access

1 Like

I moved my site to the new sidebar nav generally a long time ago, before it was required.

I just missed moving to the admin sidebar nav. Was probably busy at the time. Forgot it existed, made it hard to find.

2 Likes

Well looks like I missed the post/announcement moving it out of experimental. Until Lily posted the link here. Easy to miss things on Meta at times.

Learning new things often. Some new and some old that I was not aware of.

3 Likes